F.A. McGonegal – Design & Build, Design & Material Supply, and Design Consulting (Remodeling Northern Virginia)
Whether you need a design build firm, or simply need design consulting and selection assistance, F.A. McGonegal can help!
Design & Build
F.A. McGonegal Inc.’s primary function is to serve as a design-build firm. Our interior design staff will offer an initial complementary meeting to ascertain your project goals and budgets. Our project experience encompasses a broad spectrum of work, including residential, commercial, retail and healthcare facilities.
The initial stage would be to retain the interior designer to begin your project. A program meeting would establish the requirement guidelines such as function, style, budget and timeline.
Concept drawings and finish selections will then be prepared for your review. Once the design concept has been approved, construction drawings will be generated which shall be in accordance with all life safety, building codes.
The construction division will then implement your project. Your design retainer shall be applied to the procurement costs of your building project as well.
You receive the benefit of quality design and construction services all within one corporation. We are a team-oriented group who serve your project needs with an endearing sense of commitment.
During the entire process your designer will be present to oversee the project:
- Measure: We will come to your home and measure the space.
- Selection: During this stage you will be guided through not only the look you desire but also through the design possibilities the space will allow. After a design has been settled upon and materials have been selected the project can move on to drafting for floor plans and elevations, and to word processing to compile the materials list.
- Installation Quote: Next, your designer will return to your home with the head of our installation department, who will prepare a labor quote.
- Regrouping: Having selected the exact materials we will know the exact cost of materials. Knowing what materials are to be installed we can determine the exact cost of installation. Often we find ourselves reevaluating material design, and installation possibilities in order to get the project back into budget.
- Contract: The contract will be finalized. You will receive a full set of floor plans, elevations, and material lists upon signing the contract.
- Installation: Materials are then ordered. Once the materials arrive, they are inspected and installed. When the project is completed, you will receive a 5 year warranty on the labor.
Design & Material Supply
The second service we offer is that of design and material supply. Sometimes people already have a builder or contractor. Sometimes the project is located out of the state or even the country. Other times homeowners wish to do the work themselves. For these individuals we offer design services and supply materials. Additionally if you wish, we can supply material lists and/or renovation plans.
Design & Selection Assistance
The third service we offer is design and product information only. Frequently, people visit our design studio wanting to know all kinds of things about various products or design possibilities, but someone other than F.A. McGonegal is going to supply the materials. For these individuals, we offer the assistance of one of our designers on an hourly basis. Full construction plans and our materials lists are also available at an additional charge.